From The Truth Wins: There is a reason why median household income is higher in the Washington D.C. area than anywhere else in the nation. The U.S. government is the goose that just keeps laying golden eggs. Over the past 40 years there has been an incredible economic boom in the areas of Virginia and Maryland bordering our capital. But it is not because those areas have added value to our economy. Rather, it is because the federal government has been sucking the lifeblood out of the rest of the country and has been showering it on millions of parasites that are living the high life at our expense.
The following are 16 sickening facts that show how members of Congress and federal workers are living the high life at your expense….
- Nearly 500,000 federal employees now make at least $100,000 a year.
- In 2006, only 12 percent of all federal workers made $100,000 or more per year. Now, approximately 22 percent of all federal workers do.
- If you can believe it, there are 77,000 federal workers that make more than the governors of their own states do.
- In 2010, the federal government spent $33,387 on the hair care needs of U.S. Senators.
- In 2010, U.S. Senators pulled $72,370 out of the “Senate Restaurant Fund”.
- In 2010, U.S. Senators took $166,673 out of something called the “Senate Gift Shop Revolving Fund”.
- In 2010, an average of $4,005,900 of U.S. taxpayer money was spent on “personal” and “office” expenses per Senator.
- Cooks working for the Bureau of Prisons make an average of $66,225 a year.
- During 2010, the average federal employee in the Washington D.C. area received total compensation worth more than $126,000.
- During 2010, compensation for federal employees came to a grand total of approximately 447 billion dollars.
- According to the Heritage Foundation, federal workers on average make 30 to 40 percent more money than their counterparts in the private sector.
- The U.S. Department of Defense had just nine civilians earning $170,000 or more back in 2005. When Barack Obama became president, the U.S. Department of Defense had 214 civilians earning $170,000 or more. By June 2010, the U.S. Department of Defense had 994 civilians earning $170,000 or more.
- If you are a federal worker, you are 13 times more likely to die of natural causes than you are to get laid off by the federal government.
- Insider trading is 100% legal for members of Congress, and they refuse to pass a law that would change that.
- At this point, more than half of those “serving the American people” in Congress are millionaires.
- Nearly 15,000 retired federal workers are collecting federal pensions for life worth at least $100,000 annually. The list includes such names as Newt Gingrich, Bob Dole, Trent Lott, Dick Gephardt and Dick Cheney.
Read the rest of this article at The Truth’s 16 Sicking Facts